The Great Ocean Walk takes in some of the most spectacular coastline in the world – rugged cliffs, sheltered beaches, windswept heathlands and majestic forests. It unveils a powerful and magical natural beauty that you will treasure for life.
Leave your footprints on deserted sweeping beaches where the tide will refresh and renew the track as you sleep, in readiness for another day of discovery.
As well as breathtaking vistas, soaring cliff tops and pristine bushland, one of the Great Ocean Walk’s greatest attributes is its flexibility. Carefully designed so you can either complete the entire 104km from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles, or compile your own shorter itinerary, the Great Ocean Walk offers a walking experience which will leave you feeling exhilarated and re-energised.
Make the Great Ocean Walk your own
We offer a Great Ocean Walk Experience which allows you to make this a journey of self discovery. The Great Ocean Walk track is well maintained, beautifully designed and well signed. Upon your arrival at the Great Ocean Ecolodge we will sit down with you over a cup of tea or a beer with the Great Ocean Walk Map to discuss everything in detail so you can set your own pace and guide yourselves in blissful solitude.
The Great Ocean Walk Experience includes:
- Early check in from 12 noon. Arrive early and spend the afternoon out on the Great Ocean Walk.
- Picnic luncheons packed full of goodness each day.
- Delicious afternoon teas.
- Evening conservation activities.
- Evening dining showcasing outstanding regional produce each night. Peaceful nights – breathtaking views, private ensuite bathrooms, crisp linen, timeless antiques and fluffy towels – what a way to unwind!
- Leisurely breakfasts – a sumptuous array of fresh homemade mueslis, fresh fruits, local breads, croissants and preserves each morning.
- Admission to the Cape Otway Lightstation.
- Great Ocean Walk Map with personalised hike notes.
The Art of Walking, documentary
The Art of Walking is a stunning documentary which follows in the footsteps of three remarkable walkers as they take a journey along this spectacular coastline. The Great Ocean Ecolodge was proud to host legendary ‘PlanetWalker’, John Francis, and champion figure skater, Katerina Witt.
Visit The Art of Walking website to learn more about this insightful documentary and plan your own walk.
Great Ocean Walk Maps
Visit our Maps page to download Great Ocean Walk maps.